Monday, November 28, 2005

my right ankle

I guess one excuse for my slack correspondence is that work has kept me rather busy. thank goodness for breaks like a holiday to give thanks. the days off gave me the moment to breathe, but my stillness is accidental… I sprained my right ankle on Tuesday while hiking down a steep slope from a natural hot spring in new mexico (n of albuquerque). i was alone, but someone had also just left the spring, so i called ahead to him. he helped me to my friend's car. i had to drive home with my left foot and my right ankle propped up on the glove compartment door, my backpack, a sweatershirt and eventually some ice. thank goodness it was automatic. during an hour and a half of driving, i had spoken with my insurance, work, family and my friend in albuquerque, while watching the sun set over a beautiful backdrop... so, i survived and doing well b/c I chilled at home (SF), hung with my brother and his wife, and went to see harry potter and then rent, the next day... unfortunately, I still have to go to Miami next week for work, but it’s really not all that bad b/c I’m just seconding for another project manager. hopefully, i'll be able to be still, learn to better delegate, and heal a bit.


mardie wrote to my folks:

"I hope you all have had a relaxing weekend. We have had several wonderful meals at home – including a yummy brisket from the best BBQ place in Texas. (www.saltlickbbq.com) Bryan and Hope are both in town. She is being very patient with her ankle - much more so than I would be. It is no easy thing to get around on crutches. Many stairs to hop in this town. And her ankle is a dozen shades of blue. Keep sending her healing love!!!"

No comments: